On Friday evenings in January and February, LCA’s Ski Club, open to grades 4-8, travels by bus to and from Boston Mills and Brandywine. Students depart at 4:15pm and return at approximately 10:00pm. The ski season usually includes seven trips, with the group skiing at Boston Mills the first five Fridays and then at Brandywine the final two Fridays. Ski Club registration typically begins in October and concludes before Christmas. All LCA skiers and snowboarders are required to wear a helmet while participating in Ski Club.
For more information, contact Jen Croce, Ski Club Moderator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The LCA intramural track team is open to all LCA and PSR students in grades 1-2. The intramural program includes multiple schools on the west side of Cleveland and culminates in a championship meet in mid-May.
- Practices begin in early April
- The team practices 2 days per week
- Practices are typically held at Lakewood Park
- LCA will provide a t-shirt to be worn for the meets
- LCA will take orders at the beginning of the season for personalized hoodies ($18 each)
- Athletes need to provide their own running shoes
- Intramural meets are informal and generally held between 5 to 7 teams
- LCA typically participates in 4 to 5 meets each season
- Meets are generally held on Saturday afternoons
- Meet locations include Westlake High and Padua
- Track events include: 100m, 200m, 300m, 400m, 800m and 4x100m relay
- Field events include running jump, standing jump, and a throw
For more information, contact Amy Carter, IM Track Commissioner, at email@example.com.