The LCA track team is open to all LCA and PSR students in grades 3-8. LCA competes in CYO’s Western Division, which includes 16 schools on the west side of Cleveland. City-wide, there are 32 teams and the season culminates in the CYO City Championship meet in late May.
- Current physical must be on file before participation
- CYO regular season practices begin the second week of March
- Practices are held 3 days/week and participants are expected to attend every practice. They generally last for 1 hour and are held late afternoon/early evening -Practices are held at St. Edward High School 2 days/week and at Lakewood Park 1 day/week
- LCA will provide a uniform for all athletes
- LCA will take orders at the beginning of the season for personalized hoodies ($18 each) that students can keep at the end of the season
- Athletes need to provide their own running shoes/spikes
- The CYO meets run for 7 Saturday mornings/Sunday afternoons thru March, April, and May (there is no meet on Easter Sunday)
- The first meet is typically the last weekend in March
- Meets are run according to grade level and generally last for 2 hours
- Meet sites rotate among several west side high school tracks, including Padua (Parma), Brecksville, Westlake, and Elyria Catholic
- Athletes are permitted to participate in up to 3 events and all LCA athletes are encouraged to fully participate at the meets
- Track events include: 100m, 200m, 200m hurdles, 400m, 800m, 1600m & 4x100m, and 4x400m relays.
- Field events include: shot put, running jump, standing jump, discus (older group only), and high jump (older group only)