The Spark Conference: LCA Reignites Creativity and Innovation in Elementary Education
Lakewood Catholic Academy is a leader in elementary education and provides professional development opportunities for other Catholic school educators and administrators. Created in 2018, The Spark Conference has become one of Cleveland’s largest conferences for Catholic educators. The annual August event is a first class professional development experience that inspires and energizes teachers for the school year ahead. The event features both nationally recognized leaders in education as well as breakout sessions led by Lakewood Catholic Academy teachers and administrators.
What Teachers are Saying . . .
“Please accept my heartfelt gratitude for the Spark experience. It was the perfect way to “fire up” for the school year. I stand in awe of the LCA staff and the excellence that is poured into the event – it was masterful and magical! Kudos to every single individual – they treated us royally!”
“Thank you very much for planning such an awesome professional development day for teachers in the diocese. The speakers were excellent! The energy was palpable. The excitement was just what we needed to start the year! Every detail was noticed. Thank you for sharing your vision and expertise with so many teachers who otherwise would not have had the experience of first rate presentations!”
The Spark 2020 Conference will be held on August 4th and will feature Mr. Ron Clark!
Registration for the Conference will open in December 2019
If you wonder what inspires us and what we are reading at LCA, here is what is on our bookshelf:
- Crash Course by Kim Bearden
- Talk to Me by Kim Bearden
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- Creative Schools by Sir Ken Robinson
- The Essential 55 by Ron Clark
- Move Your Bus by Ron Clark
- Mindset by Carol Dweck
- Teach Like a Pirate by Dave Burgess
- The Smartest Kids in the World by Amanda Ripley
- Me to We by Craig and Marc Kielburger
- Bored and Brilliant by Manoush Zomorodi
- The Distraction Addiction by Alex Soojung-Kim Pang
- The Wild Card by Hope and Wade King