LCA Offers Tuition Assistance
A Catholic education is a significant investment in your child’s future. At Lakewood Catholic Academy, we are thankful for the generosity of our friends and benefactors who help us make an LCA education possible for so many students. Each year, LCA grants close to $100,000 in tuition assistance to families in need. Other sources of tuition assistance include Diocesan Tuition Assistance (DTA) and the Ohio Department of Education (state scholarship programs). Tuition assistance is available for students in grades K-8.
How to Apply
LCA uses the FACTS Grant & Aid Application to assess a family’s financial need. If you are a current LCA family using FACTS to make tuition payments, you may complete the FACTS Grant & Aid Application from within your existing FACTS account. Click here to login to your existing account, or to create a new one. Prospective families may also use this link to create an account to complete the application for tuition assistance.
The priority deadline for applying for assistance is March 1. While applications will be accepted until June 1, it is possible that the available pool of funds will be fully allocated to those who filed by the March 1 deadline. Families are strongly urged to file by March 1.
Families with a completed application for tuition assistance on file by March 1 will receive notification by the end of May about any assistance you may have been granted from the Diocese of Cleveland and/or LCA.
- FACTS Application Information
- Diocesan Tuition Assistance Information
- Current Families: Set up your FACTS Tuition Payment Account
LCA is a provider of the Ohio Department of Education EdChoice & EdChoice Expansion Scholarship programs. Families who wish to apply for the EdChoice program must first be accepted for admission to LCA and meet other eligibility requirements established by the Ohio Department of Education. Please contact Patrick Straffen at 216-521-0559 ext. 3026 or email@example.com for eligibility and application information.
529 Savings Plan
Following the passage of the Tax Cut and Jobs Act in 2017, funds in a 529 savings plan may be used for up to $10,000 in tuition at a K-12 private or religious school. Click here to learn more.
Tuition for the 2021-22 School Year
At LCA, we use a three-tiered tuition model for students in grades K-8.
- Tier 1 Tuition: $5,550 per child with multiple student discounts
- Tier 2 Tuition: $6,760 per child with multiple student discounts
- Tier 3 Tuition: $7,435 per child
Families qualify for Tier 1 tuition if they are parishioners in good standing at one of the four Lakewood parishes that provide LCA with financial support (Saint Clement, Saint James, Saint Luke, and Transfiguration) or are members of other parishes that choose to subsidize tuition for their parish families with a contribution toward their Catholic education.
Families qualify for Tier 2 tuition if they are parishioners in good standing at Catholic parishes that do not subsidize tuition. To qualify for this tier, families must complete a Tier 2 Certification Form.
Families who do not belong to a Catholic parish pay Tier 3 tuition.
Fees and General Information
- Families pay a non-refundable registration fee of $175 per child whether they are re-enrolling or enrolling for the first time.
- A 2% discount is applied to a family’s tuition balance when it is paid in-full by July 10, 2021.
- There is no fee for paying tuition in full with a check or cash. However, enrollment in FACTS Tuition Management and payment of an administrative fee is required if choosing to pay tuition in one of the following ways:
- In full with a credit/debit card ($20 fee)
- In two semiannual payments ($20 fee)
- In four quarterly payments ($50 fee)
- In 10 monthly payments ($50 fee)
- No registration is considered complete until all tuition and fees from the prior school year are paid in-full.
PLEASE NOTE: Tuition rates are charged for one school year of education. Calamity days or special schedules may result in a varying number of actual instruction days from year-to-year among programs. No adjustments will be made to the quoted annual rates for such variations.