Whether you need to re-register your child(ren) who are current students, or are applying for LCA admission for your child(ren) for the first time, we are excited about your family joining ours!
Re-Registration for Current Families:
The admissions calendar begins with re-enrollment for families who currently have children at LCA. Current families are first asked to declare in November whether they plan to enroll any additional family members in the early childhood or kindergarten classrooms for the following year. During the month of January, current families are required to submit re-enrollment forms for the following year. These families have priority for both the re-enrollment of current students as well as new student registration. Re-enrollment forms are due to the Main Office before the Catholic Schools Week Open House event. Current families who do not complete their re-enrollment forms by this deadline lose their first priority for enrollment.
Enrollment for New Families:
LCA reserves the right to admit students based on its stated enrollment priorities which are detailed on our Admissions page.
Prospective families are asked to complete a simple application form prior to the beginning of open enrollment. The application is available below as a download or can be completed online.
*There is no fee to submit the application form, and it does not represent a commitment on your part to attend Lakewood Catholic Academy. It does, however, offer you a dated place in line for open spaces in our program and the right of first refusal to accept or decline a space.
For the first round of open admissions, application forms must be completed and returned to school by Friday, January 31, 2020. The Admissions Committee reviews completed applications during the first part of February and will then contact candidates shortly thereafter. Accepted candidates will receive a complete registration packet and will have 2 weeks to return their registration materials and deposit checks for a guaranteed space. After that date, admissions will open to the general public on a first-come, first-served basis.
To submit an application, you may either download the form or complete it online.
- Application for Admission: 2020-21 School Year
We recommend saving a copy of this interactive PDF to your computer before completing it.
Send the completed application to:
- Lakewood Catholic Academy, Attn: Patrick Straffen, 14808 Lake Avenue, Lakewood OH 44107 or
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
School Day Tours:
- Tours are available throughout the year, by appointment, between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Appointments at special times are also available. Contact the Admissions Office at 216-521-0559 ext. 3026, email@example.com, or send a text to 216-470-0924. A tour takes approximately 30 to 45 minutes, and there is an opportunity to ask additional questions afterwards.
Admissions Timeline for the 2020-21 Academic Year:
- Sunday, October 20, 2019: Fall Open House for the Early Childhood Program and Kindergarten (12:00-2:00 p.m.)
- October/November 2019: Current Families Surveyed for Sibling Enrollees
- Sunday, January 26, 2020: Catholic Schools Week Open House (12:00-2:00 p.m.)
- Friday, January 31, 2020: Re-Enrollment Forms Due for Current Students
- Friday, January 31, 2020: Initial Application Forms Due for New Families
- February 2020: Application Status Updates for New Families
- Within Two Weeks of Acceptance: Completed Registration Packets & Fees for New Families
Transfer students may apply throughout the school year, subject to space availability and the discretion of LCA administration. All transfer admissions are subject to the approval of the principal and are based on such criteria as acceptable school records in academic, psychological, attendance, and conduct matters. For Grade 8 students, unless the transfer is the result of family relocation from outside the area, LCA does not accept transfers for the 8th grade year. The LCA administration holds the right to require specific assessments for entrance into its academic program. All transfer students are accepted on probationary status for their first year at the school. To begin the transfer admissions process, contact the Admissions Office at 216-521-0556 ext. 3026.
The Registration Process:
Parents seeking to enroll their children will receive a registration packet for each child. To complete the registration process, all forms must be completed and returned to the Main Office along with a registration fee of $175 per child. Please note that all registration fees are non-refundable.
Finalizing the Registration Process:
The following forms must be provided and the registration fee must be paid in order for a student to be considered fully registered:
- Completed registration packet
- Certified copy of your child’s birth certificate (one with a raised seal from the county of birth)
- Certificate of Baptism (if applicable)
- Academic and all other pertinent school records (report cards, test scores, etc.) (if applicable)
- Immunization records
- Copy of the child’s last report card (if applicable)
- Custody papers (if applicable)
In all cases, only a paid registration fee and completed paperwork assure a space in class. If you have paid a registration fee and for any reason we are unable to provide a space, the registration fee will be refunded. The registration fee is non-refundable in other cases.