LCA’s admissions process takes place primarily between the months of October and February, as outlined in our Admissions Calendar below, for families who wish to enroll their child(ren) for the following school year. However, applications for admission are accepted year-round and placed on a waitlist. Should a space in a class open for your child(ren), the application will be reviewed and you will be contacted to discuss the next steps of the enrollment process.
Interested in admission to our Early Childhood Program? Please click here for more information.
We’re glad to know you have decided to partner with LCA for your child’s education! Prospective families are asked to complete the following steps to be considered for admission to Lakewood Catholic Academy:
- Contact Patrick Straffen, Vice President of Advancement, at 216-521-0559 ext. 3026 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to schedule a tour.
- Complete the Application for Admission.* Return it to LCA in person, or by emailing it to email@example.com or mailing it to Lakewood Catholic Academy, Attn: Patrick Straffen, 14808 Lake Avenue, Lakewood OH 44107.
- With the application, please include a copy of your child(ren)’s most recent report card(s), their latest standardized test scores, and any service plan/accommodations they receive.
Applications must be received by Friday, January 29, 2021. The Admissions Committee will review completed applications during the first part of February, then contact candidates shortly thereafter. Accepted candidates will be asked to return registration paperwork and the non-refundable $175 registration fee within two weeks of acceptance to guarantee their space in a class.
Transfer students may apply throughout the school year, subject to space availability and the discretion of LCA administration. All transfer applications are subject to the approval of the principal and are based on such criteria as acceptable school records in academic, psychological, attendance, and conduct matters. LCA does not accept transfer students for the 8th grade year unless the family is relocating from outside the area. The LCA administration holds the right to require specific assessments for entrance into its academic program. All transfer students are accepted on probationary status for their first year at LCA. To begin the transfer admissions process, contact the Office of Admissions at 216-521-0556 ext. 3026.
Finalizing the Registration Process
Once accepted for admission, the following forms must be provided and the registration fee paid in order for a student to be considered fully registered:
- Completed registration paperwork
- Certified copy of your child’s birth certificate (one with a raised seal from the county of birth)
- Certificate of Baptism (if applicable)
- Academic and all other pertinent school records (report cards, test scores, etc.) (if applicable)
- Immunization records
- Copy of the child’s last report card (if applicable)
- Custody papers (if applicable)
In all cases, only completed registration paperwork and a paid registration fee secures a child’s space in a class. If you have paid a registration fee and for any reason we are unable to provide a space, the registration fee will be refunded. The registration fee is non-refundable in other cases.
*There is no fee to submit the application form, and it does not represent a commitment on your part to attend Lakewood Catholic Academy. It does, however, offer you a dated place in line for open spaces in our program and the right of first refusal to accept or decline a space. LCA reserves the right to admit students based on its stated enrollment policies which are detailed on our Admissions page.