LCA’s admissions process takes place primarily between the months of October and February, as outlined in our Admissions Timeline below. However, applications are accepted and reviewed year-round.
- Depending on projected enrollment, families applying for kindergarten may be invited to complete the registration process as early as November of the year before their child will begin attending.
- Applications for grades 1-7 are accepted year-round and placed on a waitlist. Should a space in a class open for your child(ren), the application will be reviewed and you will be contacted to discuss the next steps of the enrollment process and timeline.
Interested in admission to our Early Childhood Program? Please click here for more information.
- Sunday, October 16 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM: Open House for the Early Childhood Program and Kindergarten. Applications Available for the Following School Year.
- January 1-31: Priority Enrollment/Re-Enrollment Period for Current LCA Families
- Sunday, January 29: K-8 Catholic Schools Week Open House (12:00-1:00 PM for Prospective Families; 1:00-2:00 PM for Current Families)
- February: Applications from New Families Reviewed
- Within Two Weeks of Acceptance: Registration Paperwork Completed and Fee Paid
- Remainder of the Year: Applications Accepted and Reviewed as They are Received
We’re glad to know you have decided to partner with LCA for your child’s education! Prospective families are asked to complete the following steps to be considered for admission to Lakewood Catholic Academy:
- Contact Patrick Straffen, Vice President of Advancement, at 216-521-0559 ext. 3026 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to schedule a tour. You can also chat with us during school hours by clicking the chat icon in the bottom, right corner of your screen.
- Complete the Application for Admission.* Return it to LCA in person during your tour, email it to email@example.com, or mail it to Lakewood Catholic Academy, Attn: Admissions, 14808 Lake Avenue, Lakewood OH 44107.
- With the application, please include a copy of your child(ren)’s most recent report card/progress report, their latest standardized test scores, and any service plan/accommodations they receive.
Transfer students may apply throughout the school year, subject to space availability and the discretion of LCA administration. All transfer applications are subject to the approval of the Principal and are based on such criteria that include acceptable school records in academic, psychological, attendance, and conduct matters. LCA does not accept transfer students for the eighth grade year except under circumstances deemed extraordinary by the administration. The administration holds the right to require specific assessments for entrance into its academic program. All transfer students are accepted on probationary status for their first year at LCA. To begin the transfer admissions process, contact the Office of Admissions at 216-521-0556 ext. 3026.
Finalizing the Registration Process
Once accepted for admission, the following items must be provided and the registration fee paid in order for a student to be considered fully registered:
- Completed registration paperwork (provided by LCA after acceptance)
- Certified copy of the child’s birth certificate (one with a raised seal from the county of birth)
- Certificate of Baptism (if applicable)
- Academic and all other pertinent school records (report cards, test scores, etc., if applicable)
- Immunization records
- Copy of the child’s last report card (if applicable)
- Custody papers (if applicable)
In all cases, only completed registration paperwork and a paid registration fee secures a child’s space in a class. If you have paid a registration fee and for any reason we are unable to provide a space, the registration fee will be refunded. The registration fee is non-refundable in other cases.
*There is no fee to submit an Application for Admission, and it does not represent a commitment on your part to attend Lakewood Catholic Academy. It does, however, offer you a dated place in line for open spaces in our program and the right of first refusal to accept or decline a space. LCA reserves the right to admit students based on its stated enrollment policies which are detailed on our Admissions page.