A Message from the Vice President
As the Vice President of Early Childhood Learning at Lakewood Catholic Academy, it is my pleasure to welcome you. I am honored to have the opportunity to lead a program with such a rich tradition of care and education. Our program has been caring for and educating children since 1989. This year commemorates our 33rd year anniversary! We are rich in tradition and dedicated to faith and family. Our environment is both nurturing and supportive, and continues to grow through the contributions of all of our members. With the help of administration, teachers and parents, our children grow as learners in God’s love.
Our Early Childhood Program cares for and educates children ages 6 weeks through 5 years old. We have several program options to accommodate the various needs of all families and children.
There are many facets that make our early childhood program so special:
- We are fortunate to have dedicated and caring teachers who love what they do each day. 50% of our lead teachers have worked in our program for over 15 years! We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio.
- We take pride in providing an optimal learning environment that fosters the growth and development of the whole child. We utilize current best practices and provide ongoing professional development to equip teachers with the tools necessary to be successful.
- We utilize Creative Curriculum, which provides opportunities to promote development and learning, foster children’s social competence, support children’s learning through play, create rich environments for learning, and forge strong home-school connections.
- We utilize the Loyola Press Religion series and provide Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Program to our preschool and Pre-K children.
- Finally, we are a family! We like to say that Lakewood Catholic Academy is a child’s home away from home. It is a special place where we foster partnerships with our families and provide opportunities for involvement. I know you will feel the fun, nurturing, and positive atmosphere when you walk through our doors.
We invite you to visit and experience our community, and we especially look forward to sharing our newly renovated infant and toddler spaces.
Thank you for considering Lakewood Catholic Academy for your family, because in the end, it is the beginning that counts!
Mrs. Jennifer Berardinelli
Vice President of Early Childhood Learning
What Parents are Saying…
“Our time at LCA has been filled with laughter, smiles and songs. It is such a comfort to know that our children are truly loved and cared for when we are not able to be with them. Our children come home singing songs, telling jokes and sharing stories that they have learned at LCA. It is apparent, based on observing their interactions with their caregivers and based on the happiness they bring home with them, that they are truly being engaged with and cared for while at preschool. They love their teachers and their teachers love them back. We are eternally grateful to LCA for the wonderful care they provide.”
Sincere Thanks, Michael and Carrie Hirschauer
“We have belonged to the LCA family now for over 6 years and couldn’t be happier with our continued positive experience. Our children have thrived in the Early Childhood Program, with curriculum that has enabled social and mental development while learning in a safe, caring environment. We are so fortunate for this dedicated team of caregivers and teachers who have truly made a difference in our lives.”
Sincerely, Jennifer Gettens
“We have trusted Lakewood Catholic Academy’s Early Childhood Program to care for and help guide our three children (now ages 7 [1st grade], 4 [Pre-K] and 18 months), along their development. Each child is unique and different, yet all their needs have been met with loving, compassionate care and kindness in an environment that is nurturing, thoughtfully set up, and maintained daily. The staff are exceptional at their jobs, but more importantly, they are exceptional people. When I was ‘interviewing’ early childhood centers on the west side of Cleveland in 2012, I left a couple in tears, and others with a bag of mixed feelings and uncertainties. After meeting and touring LCA, there was no doubt that this was the place we were confident in choosing for our family. Now, seven years and two more babies later, we are even more confident in this decision.”
Sincerely, Ashley Neuman
“We moved back to Cleveland when our first daughter was 18 months, with a second on the way. Our priorities when looking at day care centers were to find an environment that was nurturing and clean. We never imagined we would find that, along with the community we have become a part of at LCA. Two years later with three children in attendance, we are thrilled with the staff, the maintenance and the families we have met along the way.”
“My daughter has been in LCA’s Early Childhood Program since she was about 6 months old and we could not be more grateful to have found such a wonderful place to send her while we are at work. She receives so much love and care at LCA. I highly recommend LCA’s Early Childhood Program to anyone looking for childcare.”