At Lakewood Catholic Academy, we are honored to have earned our parents’ trust as partners in educating and forming their children. The work in which students engage during the school day is complemented by the lessons taught at home, by you, your children’s first and best teachers. Our work, however, doesn’t stop with the ringing of the dismissal bell.
To strengthen and foster the school-home relationship, we have created LCA’s Parent Support Series. This free educational program consists of both virtual and in-person informational meetings on a variety of parenting topics featuring local, national and global experts. Current LCA parents from early childhood through eighth grade are welcome and invited to attend all Parent Support Series presentations.
Past Presentations Include:
- Online Trends and Issues Affecting Today’s Children
- Conscious Discipline for Early Childhood Learners
- Navigating the Catholic High School Admissions Process
- Connecting for Kids Podcast
- The Psychology of Social Media for Kids
- Mental Health: Parenting for Adolescence
- Potty Training Tips & Tricks