Get your children ready for the upcoming school year—this is your destination for information on school uniforms, gym uniforms, and Saints spirit wear!
All students in grades K-8 are required to wear uniforms.
- Schoolbelles Uniforms (LCA’s School Code is s0042)
- Lands’ End School Uniforms (LCA’s School Number is 900171935)
Reasonable care and neatness with regard to cleanliness, dress, and appearance are required at all times. If a student is out of uniform for any valid reason, a note of explanation must be sent to the homeroom teacher.
All students from kindergarten through grade eight are required to wear uniforms. Reasonable care and neatness with regard to cleanliness, dress, and appearance are required at all times. If a student is out of uniform for any valid reason, a note of explanation must be sent to the homeroom teacher.
- Students may wear navy blue or khaki traditional style pants. Denim or cargo pants may not be worn, and all pants must be worn at waist level. A belt must be worn if the pants have belt loops.
- Girls in grades K-4 may also wear a tunic style jumper, a V-neck pleated jumper, or a skort in the LCA uniform plaid.
- Girls in grades 5 – 8 may also wear a pleated skirt or a skort in the LCA uniform plaid. Skirts must be of appropriate length.
- Navy or khaki walking shorts will be permitted in August, September, May, and June. Denim or cargo shorts, or shorts with any type of ornamentation/decoration, may not be worn. A belt must be worn if the shorts have belt loops.
- Students may wear a white, burgundy, or navy long or short-sleeved polo shirt. The LCA logo is the only logo permitted. A polo shirt must be tucked in if it does not have a banded bottom. If a t-shirt is worn under the polo shirt, it must be solid white and short sleeved, with no visible logo. A white, navy or burgundy turtleneck may be worn under long-sleeved polos only.
- Girls in grades K-4 may also wear long or short-sleeved white blouses or white turtlenecks with no ornamentation.
- Socks must be visible and may be white, navy, burgundy, black or brown. LCA spirit wear socks are also acceptable. Girls may also wear white, navy, burgundy or black tights/leggings. If leggings are worn, they must be solid in color and full length. Socks must also be worn and must be high enough to cover the bottom of the leggings.
- Students may wear dress or tennis shoes that are black, white, gray, brown, blue or maroon/burgundy. Any accents/highlights must also be black, white, gray, brown, blue or maroon/burgundy. Shoes that light up or contain a wheel, as well as open-toed and backless shoes (clogs, Crocs, slippers, etc.) are prohibited, along with bright, neon, camouflage, or glittery shoes. In addition, high top tennis shoes are also prohibited. Shoes are to have non-marking soles. Students who choose to wear tennis shoes with their school uniform may wear the same shoes for PE. Students who choose to wear dress shoes will need a separate pair of shoes for PE.
- LCA crewneck sweatshirts and quarter zips may be worn over the uniform shirt during the school day. Permissible sweatshirts and quarter zips are those purchased through the online LCA spirit shop, Schoolbelles or Lands’ End, those quarter zips issued to student ambassadors, or any solid-colored burgundy or navy quarter-zip. Quarter-zips not issued through LCA are to be unadorned or may include only a small manufacturer’s logo. All other sweatshirts and quarter zips, including hooded sweatshirts, fleece jackets or attire issued through LCA athletics, are not permitted during the school day, except at recess.
- Students may wear solid colored cardigans, pullover sweaters, or sleeveless pullover vests in navy, burgundy, or white.
- Make-up may not be worn in school. Students with make-up on will be sent to the office to remove it.
- No visible tattoos, piercings, jewelry, or other accessories are permitted, with the following exceptions:
- Girls may wear one pair of small post/hoop earrings on the ear lobe only. No dangling earrings
- Students may wear one small Catholic religious symbol on a thin chain
- Students may wear a single watch and a single bracelet
- Students may wear one ring
Dress Down Regulations
- Shirts must have sleeves. No tanks, spaghetti straps or midriff tops.
- Shirt graphics must be appropriate (alcohol/drug/political references are prohibited).
- Hats may not be worn in school, with the exception of specially themed days.
- Shorts/skirts must be of appropriate length. Shorts may only be worn during the warm weather months of August/September and May/June. From October through April, students are not permitted to wear shorts over leggings.
- Jeans, yoga pants, and leggings are permitted. Sweatpants are permitted, but may not have anything printed on the seat of the pants. Pajama pants are not to be worn.
- Comfortable footwear is encouraged on dress down days. Wheelies and slippers are prohibited.
- Clothes should be clean, neat, and appropriate for a Catholic school.
- If you are unsure as to whether your planned outfit is appropriate, obtain permission from your homeroom teacher.
Students will have simple, neat, and conservative hairstyles that are consistent with the simple, tailored appearance of our school uniform. We reserve the right to control extremes in hairstyles. Boys’ hair must be trimmed above the eyebrows, ears, and collars. No unusual fads or designs may be worn including, but not limited to:
- Bleached, dyed, highlighted or ombre hair
- Shaved all or parts of the head
- Excessively teased hair or hair that is unkempt
- Ponytails worn by boys
- Accessories that may be distracting
- Spiked hair
Physical Education Uniforms
All students must wear solid color LCA shorts, a white or navy LCA PE t-shirt, and tennis shoes. In cooler weather, LCA sweatpants may be worn. All PE uniform items will be available through Schoolbelles (in store) and Lands’ End (online).