Creative Curriculum is inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach to Education. Reggio Emilia is self-directed, experiential learning in a relationship-driven environment. Components include:
- Ongoing professional development and collegiality
- Intentional learning environments
- Children and teachers work together to produce projects
- Family and community involvement
- Knowledge is constructed through the interaction with others
- Documentation of learning
Lakewood Catholic Academy is an International Baccalaureate World School. The learner profile for the K-8 children is to develop internationally-minded people who recognize their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet, to help create a better and more peaceful world. Creative Curriculum incorporates many of the components embedded in the K-8 curriculum. Throughout the entire campus, children are given opportunities to be inquirers, thinkers, communicators, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-takers, balanced and reflective.